We welcome our public sector duty under the Equality Act 2010 to publish equality objectives and information. The aim for this is to:
▪ Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
▪ Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
▪ Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
In all our activities we act in accordance with the equality act and our equality policy (available on our website – cliffparkoa.co.uk)
As part of this we will:
▪ Publish information every year about our Academy population
▪ Outline how we have due regard for equality and how we promote community cohesion
▪ Publish equality objectives to show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and improve what we do
At the Academy we work together to eliminate all forms of discrimination, harassment and victimisation. Progress towards meeting our equalities objectives is reviewed regularly by the senior leadership team and governing body.
Our Academy population is predominately ‘white-British’ and there are roughly equal number of boys and girls although this differs in some year groups. We have a greater than average number of students who are eligible for free school meals. Children come from a varied socio-economic background. 36% of our students have been identified as having special educational needs, well above the national average.
Our Academy improvement plan is compiled each year in discussion with all staff and governors. This makes use of comments from parents and students and aims to address inequalities that are shown through our data and raised through dialogue with all our stakeholders. Our aim is always to ensure that all students reach their full potential and make good progress.